Communications, Marketing and Events Officer
This role supports the VP Communications and Marketing and the Business Development team in the delivery of high-quality communications, promoting Talia and its projects through digital and print media and manages Talia’s brand internally and externally. The role also helps deliver against the organisation’s marketing priorities, particularly through event management.
- Support the Communications VP in the development and delivery of Talia Communications and marketing, especially web and social media.
- Lead on the day to day maintenance of the Talia website. Develop ideas and work with relevant parties to gather information to enhance the existing content.
- Manage Talia’s and subsidiaries social media channels using tools such as Hootsuite.
- Create, edit and distribute the Talia monthly digital newsletter and internal communications.
- Support the development of marketing email campaigns.
- Input into the aesthetic design of the newsletters and email campaigns to project a professional and consistent image.
- Promote effective use of the Talia brand, commissioning new Talia templates as needed.
- Support in the development and associated materials of subsidiaries when applicable
- Use professional tools such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to create or edit branded materials as appropriate e.g. leaflets, banners and business cards.
- Support the VP of Communications in the commissioning of third-party designers to create promotional materials.
- Assist in other duties from time to time that are broadly consistent with this job description.
- Liaise with the Sales team to ensure campaigns are monitored through the CRM effectively.
- In conjunction with the appropriate Talia staff, plan and support a range of conferences, workshops, roundtables, and other event opportunities. Arrange and develop Talia hosted events and manage our attendance at industry hosted events internationally.
- Evaluate existing events and develop new opportunities.
- Help Talia project staff to define marketing/communications goals and objectives for their events.
- Support project staff to deliver event materials.
- Liaise with suppliers (venues, caterers etc.) and oversee logistical arrangements for the delivery of events.
- Plan effective events to ensure consistently excellent attendance levels from targeted audiences and utilise tools to oversee the administration of events plans to ensure the highest quality delivery.
- Attend Talia events to help set up and deliver elements including registration and setting up presentations.
- Update the CRM system following event completion to ensure opportunities are maximised.
- Develop feedback and evaluation systems to ensure events are of high quality and meet the needs of stakeholders.
Essential skills and experience
- Planning a wide-ranging events programme at an international level for diverse stakeholders
- Co-ordinating the logistical arrangements (e.g. venue booking, catering) for both large and small events
- Evidenced ability to market events and web content effectively
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with specific awareness of writing for the web
- Experience publishing content to websites and online channels via content management systems
- Using social media tools to engage with stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Experience managing event budgets and tracking income and expenditure on budget lines
- Excellent ICT skills, including the ability to learn new systems and maximise benefits of existing systems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work flexibly in a pressurised environment and the agility to handle a varied, diverse and full workload.
- An understanding of the demands and challenges of working in a small organisation and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A confident and resourceful approach to work and in dealing with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Readiness to travel internationally (for which time in lieu will be offered according to Talia’s time off in lieu policy).
- An interest in technology.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience managing relationships with consultants and outsourced suppliers.
- Experience of working with WordPress, email marketing software such as Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp or HTML skills would be an advantage
- Knowledge of best practice of social media usage, and SEO
- Experience of using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.