We require an Assistant Accountant based in London, UK, that is available immediately.
The successful candidates will initially help the organization with posting backlog and year-end closures, following the recent restructure undertaken by Talia Group. subsequently, they will move onto their day to day responsibilities, each one assigned accordingly to different entities within the Group.
The Assistant Accountant will provide support to the senior finance team by helping to prepare financial statements, final accounts, budgets, forecasts, processing sales and purchasing invoices and preparing VAT returns.
- Processing sales and purchasing invoices in a timely manner, adhering to the Group procedures;
- Processing supplier payments and reconciliation of supplier statements;
- Posting customer receipts and reconciliation of customer accounts;
- Credit Control and Debt Collection;
- Performing reconciliation of accounts for the assigned Talia entity/ies;
- Verifying AP/AR ledgers and Group accounts and making corrections where appropriate;
- Collaborate with senior finance team in preparation and period review of Group’s control policies and procedures;
- Assisting the senior Finance team in preparing financial statements, balance, profit and loss accounts sheets;
- Assisting the senior Finance team in preparing VAT returns, according to the regulatory framework in which the Talia entity sits;
- Assisting the senior Finance team in preparing yearly forecasts and budgets.
- Minimum 2+ years accounting experience in Bookkeeper, AP/AR Assistant and/or Assistant Accountant roles;
- Knowledge of GAAP;
- Advanced technical experience of accounting software (i.e. SAP, Sage, QuickBooks, etc.);
- Advanced experience of MS Excel and other MS Office applications;
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written;
- Excellent command of Arabic both spoken and written;
- Strong attention to details and good analytical skills;
- BSc or MSc in Accounting and Finance;
- Planning or studying toward a recognised professional certification (CMA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) preferred;
- “Can do” attitude with proactive approach is a must.