Financial Controller (Iraq)
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to be based in our Baghdad, Iraq office, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
The Financial Controller will develop and oversee the finance operations of our newly formed Iraq Company. Reporting to the CFO, he/she will have sound knowledge of GAAP, Financial Operations and Financial Reporting, gained through experience in Financial Controller or similar roles.
The newly appointed Financial Controller will review the current processes and actively engage with Germany based Talia Group Finance Team in order to build a robust Finance function in Iraq.
- Managing all finance and accounting operations;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements;
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition;
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting;
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance;
- Support month-end and year-end close process;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Minimum 5+ years accounting experience in Management Accountant, Financial Accountant and/or Financial Controller role;
- Knowledge of GAAP with exposure to Iraqi accounting standards;
- Advanced technical experience of accounting software (i.e. SAP, Sage, QuickBooks, etc.);
- Advanced experience of MS Excel and other MS Office applications;
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written;
- Strong attention to details and good analytical skills;
- BSc or MSc in Accounting and Finance;
- Professional certification (CMA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) preferred;
- “Can do” attitude with proactive approach is a must.
To apply, please click here.